According to a Morningstar study, less than half of mutual fund managers are invested in their own funds. In total, few own more than a token stake. Yet they are still collecting fees. Even when they lose clients’ money!
It's time for a change.
We take a different approach. It's about aligning our interests with yours.
- Our money sits right beside your money. Virtually all of our money. That's not something many other managers can say.
- For investors in our long term class, there is nominal 0.75% management fee to cover operating expenses. Why do we deserve to get paid if we don't perform?
- As a matter of fact, if we don’t produce 6% per annum for our investors, we don’t earn any money above the management fee.
- In years where the return is greater than 6% there is a 25% incentive fee on the portion over 6%. The same structure as Warren Buffet's pre Berkshire Hathaway partnership.
- Our turnover is low, which offers substantial tax advantages.